The position’s primary focus may be in the areas of computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), help desk, and data management. Performs a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services.
Manage the Utilization of computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customer assistance, production job processing, equipment maintenance and repair and computer operations assignments.
Requires minimum supervision and may act as lead when the need arises. Updates supervisor on the status of projects or technical issues. Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or next level of support. May provide information to students, staff, faculty or the general public on established policies and procedures, or services provided
Position: It Support Assistant
Education: BSC degree in ICT, IT, IS, and Computer science, and similar fields of study.
Experience: Zero years of relevant experience with a high passion for working with human capital management.
- Being an excellent communicator, liaising with staff and suppliers, providing support to staff, and explaining ICT terminology
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the Service scheduling, execution, and successful completion of service provision;
- Facilitate the installation of Software systems in the company and lead the communication with software developers
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level; Installs software and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Tests programs; Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages; administers user accounts; Designs and produces basic reports;
- Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output;
- Transfers computer files between platforms;
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g., microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems;
- Support troubleshooting including video conferencing and audio-conferencing room systems, projectors, digital screens, and other related equipment
- Provides first-line service desk technical support to staff, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or onsite.
How to Apply:
Applicants use the attached link to fill in the vacancy form