The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI reorganized by the decree of the Council of Minister’s Regulation No. 376/2016 as biomedical research, clinical trial and research capacity building under the Federal Ministry of Health. AHRI, over its 50 years in service, is well known for its hub function for skill and technology transfer and partnership embracing research agendas with direct impact in the development and transformation of population in Ethiopia and beyond.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD) Research Division is one of the departments in the institute and currently MNTD has secured grant from EDCTP-3 mutual agreement with AHRI (Armauer Hansen Research Institute) going to conduct DPP Project: Therefore, the MNTD Division is looking for self-driven, motivated, innovative and energetic researchers to join our team as Junior Researchers.
Position: Junior Researcher_ Public Health or Health informatics
· BSc Degree in Public Health or Health informatics fields from a recognized university.
· Minimum CGPA of 3.50 for male and 3.00 for female applicants
· Zero year work experience
· Willingness to work at the field site frequently.
· Fluency in English Language
· Experience on data management tools such as ODK, REDCap, KoboToolbox etc is an advantage
· Data analysis skill with R and STATA and project data monitoring is a plus.
· Basic knowledge in research methodology and research designs.
· Strong computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet use)
· Excellent interpersonal communication skill
· Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels
· Ability to work with others/team work, including international collaborators.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills of English and Afan Oromo languages.
Duty station: Addis Ababa with a frequent travel to the field (study sites) and may stay for months in the field.
Number required: 3 (Three)
Salary: ETB 10,386.00
Terms of employment: one year contract period with full time employment basis with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Feb 26, 2024
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements should send their CV/resume through Here and to facilitate the screening process, applicants should also fill the online application form at the following website:
Please note that filling this online application form and sending your CV/resume through here is mandatory and applicants who fail to do so will not be considered for screening. Multiple submissions for this job post is not allowed.