Jotun’s story in the MEIA region (Middle East, India and Africa) began in 1962, and has grown to include 18 legal entities committed to achieving success and growth of the Jotun Group. Throughout our history, we have focused on providing our employees with meaningful and challenging work, rewarding them through continued learning and development, underpinned by our values of Loyalty, Care, Respect and Boldness.
As a 100% subsidiary under Jotun Group, Jotun Ethiopia Paint Manufacturing PLC. was established in 2020. It has since become one of the fastest growing company within MEIA (Middle East India and Africa) Region. By investing in an advanced paint production plant, and building a highly competent and motivated team locally, we aim to strengthen Jotun’s leading position in Ethiopia as well as in East Africa, through our very ambitious market development plans which are focusing on Quality, Profitability, Innovation and Corporate Values.
Position: Human Resource Assistant
- BA Degree in any field of study
- No experience required
- Initiative & Responsibility : acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Networking: builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- Steadiness: creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports and encourages team in difficult times; is firm and reliable
- Effective communication: communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Execution: adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results
The Human Resource Assistant will be responsible for all HR related activity at the factory located at Adama Industrial Park.
This role is based in Adama, and reports to the Human Resource Manager.
- Support the business with HR-related activities and procedures
- Responsible for all activities related to Human Resources within the factory
- Implement and maintain Group and Regional HR policies, processes, and tools in cooperation with the regional HR teams
- Implement local policies and processes in line with Global and Regional Policies and in adherence with local legal requirements
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure that HR activities support the business strategy
- Ensure legal, compliance, and governmental commitments are met
- Ensure that the foundational “building blocks” of HR are well established, known, and understood in the organization, e.g. contracts, yPOD, KIT, Competence Development, etc.
Deadline: Mar 4, 2024
How to Apply:
Interested and Qualified applicants can apply through : https://jotun.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Jotun_careers/job/Adama/Sr-Human-Resource-Officer_R4559