The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
- First degree in Accounting/ Accounting & Finance
- 0 years’ work experience.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Counts and effects collections of the medicines and medical supplies dispensary or other transactions of the outlet, gives changes to clients as required, and issues receipts;
- Draws cash from bank against written orders and deposits collections and unclaimed salaries in bank timely;
- Pays out cash against written orders and obtains receipts;
- Keeps records of amounts received and paid and reconciles cash balance with records;
- Encodes the transaction data of the outlet in a cash register machine in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Checks cash balance against transactions at end of day;
- Keeps banknotes and denominations (changes) or other negotiable instruments sorted to avoid possible errors and facilitate disbursement;
- Counts and records cash at the beginning and end of each period of duty and prepares reconciliation statement;
- Verifies cash held against records;
- Effects authorized payments to a requesting party after thoroughly checking for fulfillment of approval procedures by the authorized officials of the Program and the Society as the case may be;
- Takes utmost care of cash custody and makes proper use of such working equipment as adding machines, cash registers and keeps cash collections and disbursements registered and updates records;
- Pays salaries, per diem and advance to employees of the outlet based on the approved payment documents and other pertinent supporting documents or facilitates such payments through bank accounts depending on the established payment modality of the Society;
- Cross-references bank deposit slips or checks deposits to cash receipts/cash sales invoices to which they relate;
- Sorts out and arranges receipt & payment related documents and distributes the right number of copies to complete internal control procedures;
- Checks the correctness of daily cash collection, deposit report and attached receipt;
- Keeps the petty cash of the outlet; summary
- zes all the petty cash payments and replenishes same as required;
- Stamps payment documents as appropriate;
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities of the job as assigned by the Pharmacy Head.
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Apr 4, 2023
How to Apply:
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form
With the indicated link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/IyUTlyf1 before theclosing date of this announcement on April 4, 2023.