The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water related equipment in the East African region. Founded in 1946, business activities are focused on seven principal product sectors – Water Pumps, Boreholes Solutions, Swimming Pools, Water Treatment, Generators, Solar Solutions and Irrigation. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC, Zimbabwe and a partnership in Ethiopia.
Davis & Shirtliff regionally distributes high quality equipment sourced from a number of industry leading companies from around the world as well as carrying out manufacture and assembly of various water related products. With a total complement of over 900 highly trained and professional staff, particular emphasis has been placed on infrastructure investment and the company is extremely well resourced with modern office facilities, a fully integrated ICT network and large product and spare parts stocks.
Position: Junior Sales Engineer
The candidate should have the following qualifications:-
- Graduate Engineer in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Electromechanical Engineer discipline from a recognised University with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75.
- Be proficient in basic computer skills including MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Having of 0-2 year experience in water and waste water treatment equipment design or installation or operation or selling is a must, though experience in selling water related equipment would be advantageous.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in both spoken and written English and possess excellent communication skills.
- Should be self-motivated, have strong commercial skills, able to work under minimum supervision as well as be a team player.
- Having a second grade driving license is a plus
The responsibilities of the job will be:-
- Selling water related equipment and services.
- Customer development and retention.
- Frequent travels to customer sites.
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Aug 26, 2023
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants who can fulfill the above requirements can apply online using the below form:
This should be addressed to:-
Davis & Shirtliff Trading Ethiopia PLC