We are a team of more than 15,000 humanitarians from all backgrounds, perspectives and ages. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
NORCAP is NRC’s global provider of expertise to the humanitarian, development and peace-building sectors. We build partnerships with international organisations and national actors to protect lives, rights and livelihoods.
The purpose of the intern position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
Position: Logistics – Intern
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, economics, Accounting, or related disciplines
- Work experience-0 years
- Fluent in oral and written English and Amharic and other additional local language
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Achievement of set benchmarks and objectives
- Ability to communicate (vertically & horizontally)
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Computer skills (common Microsoft Windows and Office applications)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Provide support in procurement function from RFQ collection to receiving of goods and services
- Provide support in logistics function in fleet management and warehouse
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of Logistics and Procurement
- Day to day follow of progress in Procurements and other Logistics tasks
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies CC tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
- Conduct liaison activities as instructed by supervisor
- Maintain and update supplier database at the area office
- Complete adherence to all NRC policies and procedures for procurement, ensuring transparency, well documented, and correct procurement always, with solutions provided to procurement issues as they arise
- Through Agresso, receive, register and/or prepare requisitions, check the correctness of Purchase Requisitions, raise RFQs and purchase orders and update status reports.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services, and equipment.
- Prepare monthly procurement reports and submit them to line manager
- Support all procurement process activities at the area office with support from the logistics officer.
- Coordinating with stores to collect relevant documentation, collecting and organizing documents in accordance with the NRC procurement checklist.
- Support the administration of resources so that deliverables are achieved within set budgets, timelines, and standards
Location: Assosa, Ethiopia
Apply Before: 05/07/2023, 12:12
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by05 July 2023 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”