Hilina Enriched Foods is a company founded by Mr. Belete Beyene and his family. 30 years after establishing and leading a Government owned Food processing company called Faffa Foods in Ethiopia, Mr. Belete decided to replicate the establishment and address the problem of malnutrition in Ethiopia in an innovative way.
In 1998, Hilina Foods was officially established to process locally available grains and enrich the flours for the prevention of malnutrition. In 2006, through UNICEF, Mr. Belete came to know about the revolutionary product called “Plumpy Nut” widely known as RUTF. This was a product that was coming from France to treat children with Severe Acute Malnutrition. It was a match made in heaven for Mr. Belete, his passion for addressing the problem of malnutrition was to be fulfilled.
Position: Quality Supervisor
Education: BSc in food science/food processing engineering/Food Technology/applied chemistry/ applied biology or related field
Experience: 0 year
Knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000 preferred.
· Undertakes physical inspections of materials and processes;
· During reception, check that the track is clean and dry
· Take representative sample based on the instruction
· Check the storing condition of the raw material or packing materials
· Checks the proper placement of ingredients, posters, hand washing facilities
· Checks cleanness of the production room, production kits, stores, washing areas and employees
· Checks the proper weighing and mixing of ingredients,
· Check temperature reading during production if they are working under the range
· Check the availability of rodent baits as per the map. Inspect and record rodent activity and report to the Deputy Quality Head
· Calibrates working mass balances using standard weights and record; and take correction if deviation is noted
· Collects, codes and sends to the lab, representative sample of finished product, raw materials, and inputs in accordance with established methods and procedures ;
· Check daily the hygiene of employees and environment and report to the Deputy Quality Head
· Cheeks that, regulations and procedures of the quality management are applied and maintained
· Performs any other related tasks as required.
· Checks that, all personnel involved in processing operations and handling of raw materials, inputs, intermediate and final products carry out their duties in quality conscious way
· Follow daily that Food Safety Management System is maintained throughout the company.
· Participates in the establishment of chemical, physical and toxicological specifications for raw materials and inputs as well as process parameters for food processing
· Provides quality awareness training to production workers and other relevant company employees, required
· Participate in the maintenance of food safety management system
· Ensure that all problems related to food safety management system is reported to immediate supervisor and Quality personnel.
· Ensure compliance with the relevant requirements of local, national and international laws related to environmental standards and end client’s environmental requirements.
Deadline: Jan 5, 2024
How to Apply:
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) via Ethiojobs Or apply in person to the following address:
Hilina Enriched Foods PLC
T: +251 116 679041/42
F: +251 116 675019
P.O.Box: 1648 CODE 1110