Cheshire Ethiopia is an independent non-profit making organization who provide orthopedic and social rehabilitation services for children and young people with disabilities in Ethiopia. The charity was established in 1962 by the grand Children of the late Emperor Haile Selassie and with technical support of Captain Leonard Cheshire. CE is a local independent NGO, staffed by Ethiopians and registered as an Ethiopian Resident Charity, while playing a leading role in physical rehabilitation of person with disability mainly children in Ethiopia.
Cheshire Ethiopia is an Ethiopian Resident Charity and invites qualified applicants for the following post.
Under the general supervision of the Physiotherapist the Junior Physiotherapist is responsible for the preparation of patients for physical therapy treatment, assistance of the physiotherapist during administration of treatments, and provision of routine treatments.
Position: Junior Physiotherapist
- BSC degree in physiotherapy
- 0 year experience
Specific Duties And Responsibilities:
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water and electrical modality treatments for in and out patients (Clients).
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain using intermittent and static treatment equipment
- Instructs, motivates and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as daily living activities
- Fits patients for adjusts, and trains patients in use and care for orthopedic braces, prosthesis and supportive devices such as crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
- May adjust fit of supportive devices for patients as instructed
- Participates in CE outreach program
- Replaces the Center’s Nurse on weekends during her absence
- Performs any other related duties assigned to him/her by the Physiotherapist or/and Physiotherapy unit Supervisor or Technical Coordinator.
Work Unit: Physiotherapy
Immediate Supervisor: Physiotherapist Unit Supervisor
Medical allowance per year 15,000
Transportation allowance per month: 500
Location: Menagesha, Diredawa and Addis Ababa
Deadline: Feb 3, 2024
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can submit their CV and relevant documents for Diredawa at Cheshire Diredawa Rehabilitation Center or Harar Rehabilitation Center and for Menagesha and Addis Ababa at Cheshire Ethiopia located to CMC Road, adjacent to Ethiopian Management Institute or Cheshire Menagesha Rehabilitation Center, within 7 working days from the date of advertisement.