Wasasa microfinance has been providing financial services to the poor communities since the year 2000. The company is now wants to recruit qualified and competent applicant on the following job position.
Wasasa Microfinance S.C. was established by Oromo Self-Reliance Association (OSRA), a local NGO and got a Microfinancing Business License No. MFI/017/2000 from National Bank of Ethiopia on September 20, 2000. Since then the Company has been working with poor communities (mainly the rural poor) by providing savings and credit services; it currently has 51 Branches and 24 Rural Banks which are operating in 58 Woredas of Oromia Regional State with a plan to expand every year.
Position: Senior Accountant
- Should be a BA/ MB/MA in Accounting, Finance and Accounting related fields of study and 6/4 years of relevant work experience out of which 5 years in senior position.
- Competence in MS office and Accounting package. Certification in IFRS is an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English & Afan Oromo is required
He/she is responsible to supervise a team accountancy staff providing full accounting services for the company.
- Supervise accountancy staff to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Provide full accounting services, including the preparation of estimates, budgetary control and final accounts for a cost center.
- Monitor the financial information system to ensure that timely and accurate information is provided for managerial decision making.
- Prepare statistical returns and financial analysis on a range of topic for internal and external use.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow projections and associated records to determine the optimum use of funds or the need to raise additional revenue.
Duty station: Head office; Sebeta, Alemgena
Deadline: June 5, 2023
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application letters with CVs and copies of relevant supporting documents within 10 (ten) consecutive days from this vacancy announcement through e-mail address of: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1p3AB9su1WjlrkOVYiDHulwWXQLAGiPqU9zHprCHUnsA