TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
TECHNOSERVE ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN ALL LEVELS AND ACROSS ALL FACETS OF OUR ORGANIZATION. WITH THIS COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF GENDER, RACE, COLOR, ETHNICITY, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGES, DISABILITY, AND ALL OTHER PROTECTED CLASSES.
Position: Finance Intern
• Diploma/Degree in Accounting and Finance.
• Zero years of experience
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Duties and responsibilities:
A. Handling payments
- Prepare procurement payments, staff travel advance, expense settlement, and other payments timely.
- Review, classify, and recode properly and look outstanding checks before the end of the month and make sure every check is distributed to customers during the financial period.
- Coordinate and facilitate per diem and accommodation during workshops and training for projects in Addis Ababa and outside.
- Follow up on staff advance payment for timely settlement.
B. Handling Cash Collection
- Cash/check collection from staff and/or customers against cash receipt and Make collection phone calls, emails, and personal visits as needed.
- Collecting all cash Receipt vouchers from customers or/and staff before the end of the month.
- Make sure the cash receipts are invoiced sequentially up on their date.
C. Bank Operation
- Collect Bank advice like salary, PF, Dollar advice from Home office, Bank statements every time we needed and transfer both staff travel advance and settlement as well supplier payment timely manner.
- Make sure to file those collected bank advices together with their related payments.
- Update finance teams if there are any significant regulatory changes from National Bank of Ethiopia.
D. Settlement of Taxes
- Ensure declaring Tax and well organize filing invoices every month and Ensuring timely preparation and submission of Tax.
- Take part in the online declaration of tax payment
- Collect the cash receipt from ERCA and fill it.
E. Filing financial documents
- Filing and labeling financial documents properly. and make cancellation of all payment vouchers every month.
- Provide accurate and timely scan financial document like payment voucher, General journal vouchers, cash receipt, Bank reconciliation, Bank statements and upload the document on google drive.
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Feb 6, 2023
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should Click here to apply and submit a cover letter resume as a single document (either Word or PDF) by February 06, 2023. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be contacted. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
TechnoServe has the right to cancel this advertisement.