Shabelle Bank is a fully licensed Commercial Bank in Ethiopia to conducts all its operations under the principles of Islamic banking. Shabelle Bank started its journey as a microfinance institution in 2011. It subsequently secured the banking license to serve its client better, by offering ethical financial products. With the mission of Enabling Growth and Enriching Lives, the Bank reaches out to its customers through a growing network of branches in Ethiopia.
Customers can also benefit from an array of customer conveniences such as Internet & mobile banking, debit cards with SMS alerts, online account opening, 365-day banking, Saturday banking, extended banking hours, 24×7 cash deposit machines, and banking units exclusively for ladies.
Position: Branch Manager
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting & finance, Economics or other Business-related fields.
Experience: 2 years of supervisory level and 3 years as branch in banking experience.
- Full professional qualifications are desirable.
- Specialist experience in the banking sector will advantageous
Purpose of the Job
To Lead and coordinate the marketing activities of all staff within the branch, support the sustainable and profitable growth of the Bank and improve the efficiency of the branch operation and resource utilization by enhancing attraction, satisfaction and retention of existing customers through providing excellent customer service delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan and coordinate the overall activities of the branch.
· Identify and recruit potential customers and provide professional advice.
· Motivate and coach the staff.
· Develop and implement service delivery plans and programs to optimize service excellence and the customer experience in the branch.
· Coordinate the marketing efforts of the branch and also regulate the branch brand usage to the bank standard.
· Manage customer service levels against customer expectations.
· Check and sign the daily cash book jointly with the customer service supervisor.
· Measure branch staff’s operational performance periodically and support branch staff in developing, managing and growing customer relationships.
· Rectify discrepancies and comments reported by internal Auditors timely.
Location: Gob Branch (Gode Town), Somali
Deadline: Feb 26, 2024
How To Apply:
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CVs (written in English) maximum of 3 pages and saved in PDF format (mandatory) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) online through: – This link
Hard copies or physical applications will not be accepted. The Bank has the right to cancel the post advertised. Shabelle Bank does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.