Shabelle Bank is a fully licensed Commercial Bank in Ethiopia to conducts all its operations under the principles of Islamic banking. Shabelle Bank started its journey as a microfinance institution in 2011. It subsequently secured the banking license to serve its client better, by offering ethical financial products. With the mission of Enabling Growth and Enriching Lives, the Bank reaches out to its customers through a growing network of branches in Ethiopia.
Customers can also benefit from an array of customer conveniences such as Internet & mobile banking, debit cards with SMS alerts, online account opening, 365-day banking, Saturday banking, extended banking hours, 24×7 cash deposit machines, and banking units exclusively for ladies.
Position: Chief Cashier
Education: BA Degree in Economics, Accounting and Finance, Banking and, Management, or any other related fields.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Branch operations in the Banking industries.
The job objective May cover but is not limited to assisting customers with daily cash inquiries which include accepting credit slips, sorting checks, and ensuring a balance in all transactions at the end of the working period. It may be required to perform by handling complaints and requests from customers and resolving the issues around cash; therefore, the bank cashier must be proficient, fast and precise while dealing with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Sufficient clerical, bookkeeping, and administrative cash-handling experience
· Ability to maintain a balance of large bulk of currency constantly
· Ability to maintain confidential information, thereby safeguarding the bank’s integrity
· Ability to execute assigned duties effectively with a proper understanding of both verbal and written directives
· Ability to tolerate stress
· Adequate customer service orientation and experience.
· Establish an exciting and welcoming affair for prospective clients upon entering the bank
· Supervise debit, credit or cash transactions, as well as other forms of payments within the bank
· Review cash accounts daily
Location: Gob Branch (Gode Town), Somali
Deadline: Oct 30, 2023
How To Apply:
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CVs (written in English) maximum of 3 pages and saved in PDF format (mandatory) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) through: www.ethiojobs.net
Hard copies or physical applications will not be accepted. The Bank has the right to cancel the post advertised. Shabelle Bank does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.