Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia New Vacancy Announcement: Safaricom Ethiopia is looking for a qualified person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Safaricom Ethiopia is owned by an international consortium including Vodafone Group; Safaricom PLC; Vodacom Group; Sumitomo Corporation – one of the largest international trading and business investment companies; and British International Investment (BII) – the UK’s development finance institution and impact investor.
Position 1: HR Operations Specialist
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and Higher National Diploma in HRM
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience carrying out duties involving letter administration and filing
- Strong administrative skills with a flair for technological enhancements
- High multi-tasking, organizational, communication, and writing skills.
- Efficient skills in word processing, spread sheet applications, basic knowledge of internet/e-mail functions, use of Outlook and Outlook Express functions,
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands, exercise tact and discretion and meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit for long periods at a desk utilizing a PC
- Responsible for providing employee services administrative support in areas relating to employee recruitment, system uploads and filing in a highly data sensitive environment.
- Responsible for protecting data Privacy at all times and adhering to confidentiality requirements to promote zero breach of compliance policies.
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Ensure all new hires are onboarded with work tools and resources for their perfect day one experience.
· Gather and maintain new hires employee’s documentation needed.
· Engage hiring managers in preparation for new hires onboarding
· Coordinate the new hire onboarding program for ease of candidate’s assimilation into company
· Attend to new hires contractual queries and coordinate with COEs for new hire support needed.
HR Letter Administration
· Create offer letters for all category of employees including new hires, fixed-term contracts, promotions, lateral moves, internship, job rotations, relocation, Confirmation memos, among others.
· Maintain confidentiality of letter contents
· Support employees by preparing Visa letters to facilitate visa applications.
· Preparation of Employee referral letters for all exit employees
· Ensure templates for letter production are current and in line with labors laws and internal policies
Employees File Management
- Filing of all employee records
- Creation of employee personal file (digital and physical files)
- Ensure HR System updates for all contractual changes (location, manager, grade)
- Data reconciliation validating data against hard copy backup.
HR Help Desk
- Responsible for the customer experience of HR’s primary customer groups I.e. Employees, Managers and partner HR teams
- Ensure that services are delivered in accordance with documented service level targets.
- Channel management of queries that come through HR helpdesk to ensure timely responses and closure.
- Turn HR help desk as the one stop shop for all HR queries.
- Raise the competence of Help desk resource to improve first line resolution of issues.
- Prepare, review and share reports as required by the business for HR Operations.
Working with Others
- Consciously takes steps to make the most of every conversation/interaction.
- Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to influence the decisions they make.
- Communicates simply to excite and engage people.
- Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks.
- Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity
- Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement.
- Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end.
- Uses knowledge of products, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems.
- Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems.
- Takes risks and pushes what is possible.
- Thinks and acts like an owner of the business.
- Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards.
- Responds flexibly to changing situations.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Position 2: Technical Lead, Retail and Distribution Systems
- BSc Degree in Computer science, Computer Technology, Information Technology or engineering.
- 2-4 years’ experience as a support analyst in a User Support environment for end user devices and networking components.
- Over 5 years’ experience as a technical lead
- Microsoft Certification: MCSE, MCSA, CISCO Certification: CCNA.
- Experience in Microsoft SCCM and related software Deployment tools.
- 2-year experience in Supplier/Vendor Management, IT Support Services sourcing and contract cost monitoring & Agreements Maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise windows, Linux and Android Operating Systems.
- Good Knowledge on Vendor Management and SLA enforcement.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Good experience in supporting applications/troubleshooting.
- Worked with APIs and troubleshooting APIs.
- WAN/LAN Interconnect experience.
- Managing, Configuring and Troubleshooting switches, routers and wireless access points.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Knowledge of basic network architecture concepts (zones/DMZ, VLANs, segmentation, subnetting).
- Basic understanding of dynamic routing protocols a plus.
- Good working knowledge of basic firewall configuration concepts (ACL, NAT/PAT, routing statements, ports, protocols, VPNs) is desirable.
The position holder will have responsibility of Team leadership and timely delivery of quality IT End User Support for Devices, Networking components, and user applications across Safaricom region, implementation of strategic and innovative desktop/device technologies as per Safaricom business objectives while collaborating with business partners to rollout IT business solutions as required.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
How To Apply:
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the career portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, August 25, 2023.
If you want to get daily job notifications, Join Our Telegram Channel: https://t.me/effoyjobs