National Tobacco Enterprise is one of the largest enterprises and taxpayers in the country. It is also one of the biggest employers in the country, providing direct and indirect employment to more than 5000 Ethiopians.
At NTE, we value our people. We treat them with respect, we work as one team and act responsibly and with integrity in everything we do.
NTE’s head office is located in Addis Ababa. It also has offices around its tobacco farms in Robi, Bilatte, Wolyatte and Hawasa.
Position: Trade Marketing Representative
Education: University degree or equivalent in marketing, economics or business management related specialization, Proficient English language skill and MS Office confident user.
Work Experience: Not necessary. However, work experience in an FMCG environment is an added as an advantage.
- Driving License is a must.
The incumbent is responsible to understand and validate his territory then develop and improve his route plan in order to cover the best outlets in the most efficient way possible, guarantee the realization of set Trade Marketing Programs across the entire target visited retail universe with the objectives of developing the share of market of NTE brands and reinforcing the positioning of NTE brands. Furthermore, Support NTE wholesalers by conducting top up sales in line with the company policy to grow volume and expand distribution coverage. The incumbent is required to be mobile and flexible to move and work in any location within the country.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Management of the assigned target visited retail outlet universe. Carry out regular customer calls as per planned daily routes and visit required minimum retail outlets per day, guarantee product availability, optimize product presentation in the retail outlets, and implement an effective trade programs to increase brand and sales performance.
- Repair out of stock occurrences by conducting top up sales to guarantee the achievement of monthly and annual volume targets per brand and per individual wholesaler. Identity and exploit potential sales opportunities in coordination with the regional sales team and the supervisor.
- Support and Monitor the distribution activity of the wholesalers to ensure that they are actively conducting distribution directly to retail and semi wholesale at the recommended price.
- With the usage of SFA collect reliable market data from his territory in the best way possible; drawing insights as to what can be done differently to improve NTE overall / brands performance and combat illicit trade. Assess potential areas / territories and propose entry strategy to them. Gather market information on sources and distribution of contraband cigarettes and provide report on regular basis to the line manager/supervisor
- Support and advise retailers to ensure that they are acting in accordance to Laws and Regulations of the country. Present a professional image, create and maintain a good business rapport with all customer in line with NTE guide line and business code of conduct.
- Expand and grow distribution of all NTE brands in the assigned territory by ensuring retailers are aware of NTE brands and that they are stocking the brands to ensure no out of stock situation. Introduce NTE brands in the outlets where NTE is not present to reach a 100% listing of all its portfolio in the assigned territory, implement product new launches to the trade.
- Ensure proper handling of company properties and resources such as vehicles, mobile handsets etc. and use the assets for the intended company purpose as per policy and procedure.
- Knowledge of Collective Labor Agreement, Internal Regulations and Safety policies of the Company.
- The position is outside Addis Ababa.
Work Place: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Aug 29, 2023
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter and Curriculum vitae only through email address Careersethiopia@jti.com and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title. Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.