Nisir Microfinance Institution S.C External Vacancy Announcement
Nisir Microfinance Institution S.C is one of the pioneering financial service providers in Ethiopia focusing on serving Micro, Small and Medium Size Enterprises. Supported by its Core Banking System, Nisir provides ranges of credit and saving services.
Currently, Nisir works on immense organizational re-structuring as it’s aiming significant growth and expansion in its overall operation. And it is with this rationale that Nisir invites qualified and energetic candidates for the following positions.
Position 1: Junior Auditor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or related fields
- 2 years of relevant experience 1 year of which in auditing position.
- Performs pre and post-audit activities of branches and departments as per approved audit programs;
- Witnesses handing over formalities between officials and employees of the Institution;
- Conducts special investigation on suspected fraud acts and embezzlement alleged;
- Examines and analyses in detail the accounting and financial records to verify the accuracy of accounting and accounting procedures;
- Undertakes detailed inspection activities to measure the degree of compliance of operations to set
- standards, work procedures, policies, rules, and regulations of the Institution;
- Appraises the adequacy and effectiveness of established control systems and procedures; recommends procedural changes or improvements;
- Prepares report on audit findings, causes for deficiencies or problems and corrective actions to be taken; and
- Performs other related duties as required
Position 2: Branch Manager
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, Economics, or related fields
- 4-6 years of relevant experience out of which 1-2 years in a Managerial position.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and controls the branch’s overall savings and credit activities.
- Participate in the Development, Preparation, and implementation of appropriate savings and credit operation systems in line with aligned procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for the overall activities of the branch: operational, financial as well as administering staff of the branch.
- Prepare and submit financial and work plan of the Branch in collaboration with branch staff;
- Plan, organize, execute and control branch activities.
- Involves in the recruitment and selection process of applicants for the branch whenever necessary.
- Perform the actual operations of the credit and saving activities including Mobilization of clients and conducting promotional activities, assessment of clients’ worthiness and satisfaction, Approval of loans (per the discretionary limit), and Disbursement of funds.
- Follow up and ensure Collection of repayments and administration of saving accounts (deposits and withdrawals) etc.
- Sign on loan disbursement documents as he/she is a member of the loan approval committee.
- Open branch bank account with operations and or finance managers from head office and sign on checks for loan disbursement as well as saving withdrawal and other expenses.
- Train and assist credit and saving officers in the loan disbursement process and entire operations.
- Ensuring all transactions of the branch and reporting of performances;
- Reporting all financial, operational, and administration activities;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Location: Addis Ababa
Application Deadline: 5:00 PM, Oct 14, 2023
How to Apply:
After checking the eligibility criteria and prepared all the necessary documents, qualified and eligible applicants apply only online through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Junior Auditor’ no later than 14 October 2023.
Write the job title on the subject line.
Applicants are advised to apply to one job post only; Those who submitted multiple applications will be denied.
Only short-listed applicants will be communicated.