The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation, and development support to vulnerable people and communities in over 30 countries.
International Rescue Committee began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Position: Junior Environmental Health Agent
- Primary education completion certificate up to 6 grades
- “Applies basic knowledge of work routines and standards; requires ability to understand oral and written instructions and perform simple tasks.
- ability to write and read.
- Preferable primary education up to Grade 6
- •Some ability in Language optional as per the JD
- At least one year experience
Preferred experience & skills:
- Good communication with clients and staffs
- NGO experience or any related experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with kebele level officials.
• Knowledge of the local language; ‘Sidamu Affoo’ is Mandatory.
Location: Aleta Wondo (Shafamo Wereda), Sidama
Deadline: Jan 17, 2024
How to Apply:
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
• Name of the position you have applied for.
• Date of application
• Summary of your qualifications and experience
• Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job.
• Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number, if possible, also email address
• Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.