The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation, and development support to vulnerable people and communities in over 30 countries.
International Rescue Committee began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Position: HR/Admin Assistant
EDUCATION: BA degree in Management, Business Administration, Personnel Management, and related fields.
EXPERIENCE: 0 years of experience for degree holders and 2 years for diploma holders.
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Good organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
Under the supervision of the Field Manager and HR/Admin Officer, the HR/Admin Assistant provides Human Resource supports that are related with all HR tasks like support in administering exams, interviews, process medical insurance claims and serve as HR focal person in Harar office.
In addition, the HR/Admin Assistant will handle hotel booking, and different HR/Admin related payments. He/she should deliver his/her duties and responsibilities in an efficient and professional manner. The position holder carry out administrative tasks related to filling and other administrative tasks as requested.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and assist in implementation of policies.
- Promote and uphold THE IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.
- Provide support to program and operations staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR issues.
- Ensures all staff detail information is filled as requested on the platform and makes sure the information is accurately filled.
- Follow up with field office HR teams for information that needs to be filled in.
- Prepare purchase orders and payment request related with HR if necessary.
- Create HR personnel file for newly hired staffs and make sure their document are full.
- Assist on any other HR related jobs as required by the supervisor.
- Perform additional tasks assigned by the supervisor to support the HR/Admin Department.
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: May 23, 2023
How to Apply:
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter only through IRC career site:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information:
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.