ICOS Consulting PLC is one of the fast-growing consulting firms in Africa combining deep industry/sector knowledge with specialized expertise in development research, survey solutions, strategy development and execution, monitoring and evaluation, marketing research, business development services and so on. ICOS envisions becoming a trusted and reputed regional development and management consulting firm. ICOS Consulting, established in 2009 G.C., is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and has branch office in Rwanda.
ICOS is interested in strengthening their consulting and research team with outstanding j graduates on a full-time basis. If you have a strong academic record, can demonstrate outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills and are keen to put your intellect, curiosity and enthusiasm to the test in a high-pressure, client-driven environment, we would like to hear from you. In return, we can offer you a challenging career to develop the skills and competencies you require to become an outstanding consultant and researcher.
The researcher’s duties include preparing proposals, aligning methodologies with research goals, conducting fieldwork and tests when required, using a range of tools to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data, writing up reports and presenting findings to management and other stakeholders, and others. ICOS invites candidates with exceptional academic record to apply for the junior or senior researcher/ consultant vacant positions.
Position 1: Junior and Senior Researchers/ Consultants
- At least master’s degree preferably in research, economics, business administration, development studies, monitoring and evaluation, statistics, data science, business analytics, marketing, public health , and other research related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree holders with exceptional academic performance and talent in research may also apply.
- For master’s degree holders, CGPA of 3.6 or above (of a possible 4.0) or equivalent score at both at graduate and undergraduate levels from a reputable and an accredited university.
- For applicants with only bachelor’s degree, CGPA of 3.8 and above or equivalent score is required.
- Outstanding and broad quantitative and qualitative research expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English language is a must
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Strong statistical and mathematical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability with statistical modeling, experimental design, research design, sampling, clustering, data reduction, confidence intervals, testing modeling or predictive modeling
- Proficiency in one or more statistical programs, as well as advanced-level MS Office skills
- Ability to communicate the most complex analytics and results in a clear, understandable approach, written and verbal, to both internal and external clients
- Detail-oriented and highly-organized, able to consult on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and have an analytical mindset
- Excellent time management and prioritization, able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys problem-solving, group brainstorming, and other innovative thinking
Position 2: Business Development Manager
- Master’s degree in marketing management, business management or related fields with CGPA of 2.8 and above in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Communication (verbal and written) & presentation skills
- At least two years experience in business development, sales, marketing or related field.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive, and able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other applications/software.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and data management skills
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio etc.)
- Fluency in both English and Amharic is required.
- Knowledge or experience in research and consultancy is a plus.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Jan 15, 2023
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum requirements can send/ email their applications, resume, and electronic copies of their credentials, including diploma, student copy, and others to: email@example.com. All applications should be received by January 15, 2023.