The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization that provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
Position 1: Knowledge Management – Internship
- Bachelor’s degree with reference to Communication, Journalism, Knowledge Management, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in content development, writing and/or editorial work.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using digital tools for content organization and database management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive and collaborative approach to working within a team.
- Basic research skills and the ability to gather information from various sources.
- Ability to efficiently use standard IT applications (i.e. MS Office365, Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, etc.), communications-related applications (Adobe InDesign, communications product design, etc.) and digital media, including modern video conferencing tools;
- Familiarity with knowledge management concepts is a plus.
- Experience in working on GIZ projects and familiarity with GIZ’s rules and regulations is appreciated.
- Initial experience, in an NGO or International cooperation I slightly appreciated (even as an intern)
- No work experiences.
Other knowledge, additional competencies:
- High level of motivation, proactivity, self-discipline, integrity and accountability
- strong team spirit, a high level of initiative, the ability to work under pressure, flexibility, analytical thinking and a high level of commitment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Very good English and Amharic written and verbal language skills (C1)
- German language skill is an advantage.
- Interest in digital knowledge management tools.
- Conduct research on new trends in knowledge management practices, tools and approaches.
Location: Addis Ababa
Position 2: Monitoring and Evaluation – Internship
- Master’s degree with reference to statistics, economics, development studies, or a similar discipline, etc.
- not required.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Proficiency in utilizing data collection tools and software, such as Excel and survey software, to efficiently collect and manage data.
- Strong commitment to accuracy and maintaining the integrity of collected data, thereby ensuring its reliability and usefulness.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with basic M&E concepts, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience with statistical software and data analysis techniques, such as Excel and favourably SPSS.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Very good English and Somali written and verbal language skills (C1)
- Amharic language skills are an advantage.
- Interest in environmental and agricultural issues preferred
The intern will gain valuable experience in Monitoring and Evaluation with a special focus on data collection in the context of an environmental and agricultural development project. The intern will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and dedicated team and contribute to making a positive impact in the lowland regions of Ethiopia.
Location: Jijiga, Somali
Deadline: Sep 1, 2023
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their recent CV via Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title in the subject line of your email application.
For Position 1:- ‘Intern-Knowledge Management #147/2023_Full Name’
For Position 2:- ‘Intern- Monitoring and Evaluation #148/2023_Full Name’
Please note that, due to urgency of the vacancy selection will be done on a rolling base. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”