The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
The GIZ Office in Addis Ababa oversees projects in Ethiopia and Djibouti where GIZ works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the German Federal Ministry of Nutrition and Agriculture (BMEL) and other commissioning parties.
The finance department of GIZ Country office Addis Ababa ensures that all financial transactions are executed and reported timely, correctly, and according to GIZ’s rules and regulations. It is also responsible for insuring smooth fund flow from the GIZ country office to programs and projects. The department oversees handling the opening, closing and signatory adjustment of bank accounts. It also liaises with HQ and recipients of financial agreements concluded in Germany in terms of effecting installment payments, follow-up settlements and report to headquarter.
The Finance department is looking for an intern who has a finance educational background.
Position: Communication Intern
- University degree (minimum B.A.) from an accredited university or college in journalism, communications, public relation, or any other related field
- No previous working experience is required
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, MS Publisher, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of social media (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- High level of knowledge in the MS Office package and MS Teams
- Fluent in writing, reading, and speaking in English and Amharic
- Excellent text comprehension and written and oral communication/expression
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- High degree of creativity, initiative, integrity, accountability, and an independent pro-active approach
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit, ability to work in an international team
- Knowledge of the land governance system, agricultural investments, and development work in Ethiopia is an asset
Deadline: Feb 23, 2024
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their recent CV via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position Communication Intern #011/2024 _Full Name in the subject line of your email application.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.