Embassy of Ireland invites qualified applicants for the following job position.
Ireland has enjoyed bilateral relations with Ethiopia since 1994, when its Embassy in Addis Ababa was first opened. Ireland’s engagement in Ethiopia is guided by the Government of Ireland’s general foreign policy which seeks to promote a more secure, just, fair and sustainable world.
Irish Aid, Ireland’s programme for international development, envisages a world where people are empowered to overcome poverty and hunger, and fully realize their rights and potential. Irish Aid in Ethiopia therefore aims to benefit the poorest and most vulnerable sections of society.
The embassy of Ireland, Addis Ababa is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, hardworking, proactive and flexible individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to fill the position of Finance manager
Position: Receptionist Officer
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
Essential Requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Candidates must have a degree, preferably in disciplines such as: First Degree in Social Science with a focus on Secretarial Science and Office Management or Business Management
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with INGO, donor agencies or similar environment. The candidate must demonstrate using work based examples of providing excellent interpersonal skills, being persuasive, working in a team but also dealing effectively with people in external organisations;
- The candidate must provide evidence of flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness showing strong organizational skills, attention to detail, able to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- The candidate should provide examples of being solutions-oriented, and committed to delivering results, including by adapting approach if necessary;The candidate must be fully bilingual in English and Amharic (language test may be included as part of the shortlisting process);
- The candidate must demonstrate using examples, their working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- All applicants must have a permanent legal right to reside and work in Ethiopia.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of the role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy;
- The successful applicant will work alongside other local employees of the Embassy, and will report directly to the Head of Administration in the Mission.
- Previous experience in a diplomatic mission is desirable, but not essential.
Contract duration: The successful candidate will be hired on a 3 year contract with probation period of 60 days
Annual Leave Entitlement: Annual leave entitlement is 20 working days per annum
Gross Salary: € 729.15 per month paid in local currency. Salaries are paid didrect to a bank account, therefore, the successful candidate must have a bank account.
Salary: € 729.15 gross per month
Location: Embassy of Ireland, Addis Ababa
Deadline: Monday the 29th January 2024 @17hrs
How To Apply:
An application form to apply for the position can be obtained on the Embassy’s website: www.ireland.ie/Ethiopia through email request to AddisAbabaRecruitment@dfa.ie or in person from reception desk, Ireland Embassy (hard copy).
Please send a completed application form and Curriculum Vitae (CV) ONLY before the closing date;
- By email to AddisAbabaRecruitment@dfa.ie, with “Application for Receptionist ” in the subject line or;
- To the postal address: Ireland Embassy, P.O.Box 9585 Addis Ababa, or;
- In person, to the reception desk of the Embassy
- Depending on response rates the deadline may be extended. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
NOTE: Submissions without completed application forms will not be accepted
- Police security clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment.
- Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided.
- If unsuccessful, this information will be destroyed.
- If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position, they will be required to supply this information again.
- Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
- The Embassy of Ireland is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.