The Administrative Assistant will perform administrative activities in various sectors of the Embassy of Brazil in Addis Ababa. Among its main responsibilities are contracting services and verifying their execution; the organization and monitoring of meetings and other events; administrative support in the installation and departure of employees; writing and translating texts in Amharic and English; and contacting national citizens and foreigners.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Desired additional skills and competencies:
- Minimum age of 18 years;
- Completed high school studies;
- Proven work experience of 03 (three) years in at least one of the following areas: secretariat, administrative and/or human resources, preferably in international organizations or agencies, or diplomatic representations;
- Oral and written command of the Amharic language;
- Ability to speak and write in English;
- Operating knowledge of the Windows 11 and MS Office;
- Ability to communicate and work in a team, flexibility and willingness to learn, as well as basic knowledge of mathematics;
The candidate must:
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Have a high school degree;
- Have oral and written fluency in English and Amharic;
WORK CONTRACT AND SALARY:
3.1. The employment contract is based on a 48 hours week of work and will be valid for 1 (one) year, and may be renewed for equal periods of time at the discretion of the Embassy of Brazil in Addis Ababa and based on a regular evaluation of the employee’s performance.
3.2. The initial gross monthly salary is ETB 36,720.00 (thirty-six thousand, seven hundred and twenty birrs), which will be subject to deductions determined by applicable local law.
3.3. The Embassy of Brazil in Addis Ababa will be the employer of the Administrative Assistant and the hiring will not imply any link with the Brazilian Foreign Service.
3.4. The employment relationship will be ruled by the Ethiopian labor law, and under no circumstances will Brazilian labor legislation be applied.
How to Apply:
Application for the selection process will be open from October 30th to November 13, 2023 and must be completed by sending a message to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AA 2023 Selection Process” and the following attached documents:
– Registration form (https://www.ethiojobs.net/docs/Registration_form.pdf)
– Copy of an official identification or passport identification page;
– Copy of diploma or certificate attesting the conclusion of high school studies;
– Copy of a proof of address;
– Short CV containing, at least, 01 (one) professional referral letter (both in English).
In the case of Brazilian citizens or nationals of third countries, also attach:
– Copy of proof of regular residence status or legal permission to carry out work activities in
accordance with local legislation;
In the case of Brazilian citizens, also attach:
– Copy of proof of discharge from compulsory military service (in the case of males);
– Copy of proof of compliance with electoral obligations;
– Signed declaration that you do not hold public positions, jobs or functions