The #DV2025 Diversity Visa Program will open from October 4 to November 7, 2023, and allows those from countries with low U.S. immigration rates, who meet eligibility requirements, to enter for a chance to apply for a U.S. immigrant visa. dvprogram.state.gov is the ONLY way to enter. Read the program instructions at travel.state.gov/dv.
The 2025 Diversity Visa Program opens at 12:00 p.m. EDT on October 4. Thinking about entering? Read our top 10 tips first!
10 Tips for Applying for DV-2025:
- Tip #1 – Read the instructions at dvprogram.state.gov to find out if you qualify. Do NOT enter if you do not meet the qualifications.
- Tip #2 – Only rely on U.S. government websites. Sites ending in “.gov” are the only official source of DV-2025 information.
- Tip #3 – Go to dvprogram.state.gov to submit your entry. This is the ONLY way to enter. Do not be fooled by scams or fraudulent sites.
- Tip #4 – There is NO fee to enter. Beware of those who claim they can improve your chances if you pay them, or who offer to complete your application for free.
- Tip #5 – Use a photo taken in the last six months. Using an old photo will disqualify you.
- Tip #6 – Only submit ONE entry per person. Individuals with more than one primary entry per DV season will be disqualified.
- Tip #7 – Remember to list your spouse and ALL unmarried children under the age of 21 in your application, even if they will not be traveling or immigrating with you. Incorrect or missing information in your entry can mean disqualification – even after you are selected.
- Tip #8 – Keep your unique confirmation number. You will need this to check the status of the entry when selections are made in May 2024.
- Tip #9 – Selections will be made in May 2024. The website dvprogram.state.gov/ESC is the ONLY way to see if you were selected. Do NOT be fooled by any letter or e-mail announcements; these are scams.
- Tip #10 – Remember, being selected does not guarantee you an interview or a visa.
Thinking about registering for #DV2025? Beware of those who offer to help you for money. There is NO fee to enter. Any individuals or services that claim they can increase your chances of being selected are being dishonest. DV selection is performed completely randomly from the eligible entries. There is only one entry allowed per person. You can submit yours at dvprogram.state.gov anytime between 12:00 p.m. EDT on October 4 and 12:00 p.m. EST November 7.
Applicants who are selected in the program (selectees) must meet simple but strict eligibility requirements to qualify for a DV. The Department of State determines selectees through a randomized computer drawing. The Department of State distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions, and no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year.
For DV-2025, natives of the following countries and areas are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years:
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, The People’s Republic of China (including
mainland and Hong Kong born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Venezuela, and Vietnam.
Natives of Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible. With the exception of the United Kingdom and its dependent territories, which are now eligible for DV-2025, there were no changes in eligibility
from the previous fiscal year.
The English version of the DV-2025 Program Instructions in PDF format is the only official version. Unofficial translations in additional languages will be added to this webpage as they become available.