The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The purpose of the internship positions is to support young people with the potential to make a lasting contribution to Ethiopia’s development to make a great start to their professional career. The placement will focus on developing knowledge and experience in specific parts of our portfolio and learning about the broader development sector upon completion of the placement. We are launching an internship programme because.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
The opportunity is available to those who graduated in 2022 and 2023 holding a Bachelor of Arts degree of any field of study and with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Upon completion of the internship, the candidate will have developed professional skills that they can use in the wide variety of fields in their future career, especially in the development sector, gaining a better understanding of working in an international environment. The position also offers the opportunity to increase skills in communication, participating in various activities to identify issues and propose solutions to problems and working with others. The Intern will also have an opportunity to participate in various on-line/ face-to-face learnings and practical learning through opportunities to participate in field visits.
The successful candidate will be embedded in one of the teams in the Embassy. The candidate will work with teams to identify and coordinate events, will be engaged in a diversified set of tasks across the Embassy and fulfil tasks set out in the job description. The candidate will work on programme delivery and corporate tasks, including analysis of issues assigned to, financial management, logistics, and program management.
Salary: $414 per month and medical is equivalent to $345/ annum ($172.50 for 6 months)
Location (City): Addis Ababa
Deadline: Sep 23, 2023
How to Apply:
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- The current Terms and Conditions of Employment will apply to all internal locally employed staff on promotion and new entrants subject to local employment labour law.
- Candidates may need to apply for a valid certificate of good conduct when applying and should be no older than 6 months.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- The British Embassy does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.