Amref Health Africa partners with the Government of Ethiopia and local communities to implement diversified health and WASH project portfolios throughout the country, focusing on three key programmatic areas: Reproductive Maternal, Neonatal, Child, Adolescent and Youth Health (RMNCAYH), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases. On August 2021, Amref has been awarded with a new USAID Integrated Youth Activity worth $60 million which will be implemented in 18 cities.
Amref is is the prime partner in the consortium of 15 partners (international IPs, local CSOs and private resource partners). project working on the five years Integrated youth Activity (IYA). IYA is implemented in all regions of Ethiopia and will provide holistic services (health, education economic support and other social and youth friendly services) for youth from 15-29 age groups.
Position 1: Data Clerk
Qualification: Diploma or equivalent qualification in Information Technology, Information Sciences, Records Management or Library Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme. However, they are required to have some knowledge of IT, financial/procurement, administrative and/or human resources processes, terminologies and phrases. Requires skill in operating office equipment such as heavy-duty scanners and personal computers.
The Applicants need to have average typing skills of at least 30 WPM with a good eye to detail and able to work under minimal supervision.
Language & Communication Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend correspondence, memos and to use good English.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information orally to co-workers and the general public.
Position 2: Knowledge Management and Communications Advisor
Qualification: MSc/MA degree in Statistics, health informatics, Marketing, Computer Science or social science or equivalent education and at least 7 years work experience. OR
BSc degree in Statistics, health informatics, Marketing Computer Science or social science or equivalent education and 10 years work experience
Experience: 7 years of relevant work experience for MSc and 10years of relevant experience for BSc. Knowledge and experience in different data base and statistical packages (DHIS2, SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, Microsoft office applications, app development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment in an activity including experiences leading knowledge management practices;
- Familiarity with USAID policies, rules, regulations and reporting requirements;
- Strong written and communication skills in English and Amharic;
- Unprecedented computer skills
- Experience working in a team management approach
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Innovative thinker
Position 3: Senior Program Operations Officer
Qualification: Master in public health or project management.
Experience: Ten years of work experiences in related field.
Working experience in bilateral funded projects is advantageous
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal relationship with diverse group of people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications and technology-assisted communication techniques.
Deadline: June 04,2023
How To Apply:
Interested applicants please visit our website to submit your application.
Position 1: https://amref.org/job/data-clerk-rrfet0291
You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter, detailing why you are the best fit for this position, and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be June 4, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you face any challenge applying on our website contact us at ETrecruitment@Amref.org.