As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of other international donors.
GIZ is implementing various energy projects in Ethiopia with the aim to support a sustainable supply of energy services. This is also intended to contribute to Ethiopia’s national strategies (National Electrification Plan, Growth & Transformation Plan, Climate Resilient Green Economy). The energy projects under the GIZ Energy Portfolio Ethiopia includes: Energising Development (EnDev); Energy Solutions for Displacement Settings (ESDS); Green Peoples Energy (GBE) and the German-Ethiopia Energy Cooperation (GEEC). GIZ works in close cooperation with the Ministry of Water and Energy (MoWE) as its main political partner in the implementation of the programme.
Position: Internship Finance
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, and other related fields from recognized university.
- The candidate is preferred to be recently graduated no longer than two years
- Fluency in English, strong interpersonal qualities and communication skills
- Ability and willing to work in a diverse cultural setting
- Knowledge in digital technologies, Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point) is must and knowledge of office 365 and virtual meeting technologies are preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and under strict deadlines.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Aug 21, 2022
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Internship Finance #132/2022’ in the subject line of your application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”